Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FASHION WEEK

If someone tried to tell me that I would be working at Paris fashion week while studying for my first set of finals in law school, I would have laughed in their face.  Fashion? Please.  That's a hobby, not a career. Too risky. Too much ladder climbing. Too many skinny models.  Three words: Devil Wears Prada. No way.  But I guess if someone had tried to tell me I was going to be living in Paris, I would have laughed at that too.  So, here I sit living in Paris preparing for my launch into the fashion world.


On a whim, I decided to apply for a job as an assistant buyer during fashion week in Paris.  A few weeks later a got an email saying they were interested.  One thing led to another, and on the way home from Morocco I found myself very confused when asked to fill out the "occupation" portion of the customs document.  Life is quite unexpected for me these days.  For a girl that had a "Things to do in Life" list by the age of 10, it really throws me when the big guy upstairs starts messing with my plan.  Nevertheless, I am quite excited / petrified to be thrown into this crazy fashion world.  I start Friday.  I am praying for Attorney turns Fashionista, not Attorney turns Runway Kill.  Wish me luck!

No comments: