Friday, May 13, 2011

Paris Lately

The good news is that springtime in Paris has exceeded all of my expectations.  Every day the sun is shining, the wind is blowing and the flowers keep on blooming.  The bad news is that springtime in Paris has exceeded all of my expectations.  The constant need to sit outside and enjoy this glorious weather has led to major blog neglect.

Let's catch up.


I am in love with the name of this restaurant. Bread and Roses, two of my favorite things.  Had a girls lunch here one day before picnicing at Luxembourg Gardens.  It's on a great little corner near the Garden. They have the most divine bread and healthy lunch options.  (However, I wouldn't recommend it for a sit down lunch. Instead, pick up and take it to Luxembourg Gardens.  Dining in here is way overpriced).

They also have pastries that look like this.


And this.


How much does this make you want to throw a Christmas party?

Anyway, after lunch, on the way to the picnic (do you ever stop eating, you may ask....the short answer is no, but in case you are worried, the picnic was limited to vin rose and strawberries.)  As I was saying, on the way to the picnic, I stopped by A.P.C. - one of my new favorite French labels.


I read about it here.


My new favorite French fashion bible. (Discovered by The Mr.'s ultra chic, French inspired mom)

And also, speaking of vin rose - another favorite.


And last, but certainly not least, we finally had our first guest to take us up on the pull-out sofa offer.  The Mr.'s other half came over from Boston for a three day visit.  We loved having him in town because we got to feel even more like tourist than we usually do.

My favorite restaurant outing with Jack was at a place called Dans Les Landes.  It's a tapas style restaurant in a great up and coming neighborhood in the 5th.  Everything we ordered was delicious.  They also have a great happy hour from 6 to 7:30 PM.  Raspberry infused Armagnac with grapefruit juice was quite interesting.


The blackboard had so many tempting choices.


We also got to enjoy a fabulous dinner party with the boy's second cousin.  She fell in love with Paris and started her family here years ago.  We always love a dinner invitation from her.  She has one of the best views of the Eiffel Tower in the city.


And then Jack was off to Cannes.  We miss you already.

What else. Let's see... Caroline and I saw Water for Elephants. Great movie.  Would defintely recommend (And I read the book first. It is one of those rare movies that does the book justice.  But, then again, can you really go wrong with Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson?)

Ok, so I think we are up to speed.  I will try not to abandon you for springtime again!

No comments: