Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Printemps-Été 2012

 
Last week was Paris fashion week debuting the Spring-Summer 2012 pre-collection.  This was my second round of Paris fashion week working as an assistant buyer.  The job entails traveling around to the premier fashion houses of Paris and taking pictures of models and clothes.  I must admit it is pretty a pretty sweet gig.

This season I was especially taken with Lanvin. 


Every single piece at Lanvin looks as if it was specially hand crafted for a queen.  To wear Lanvin, one feels truly outstanding and unique.  (Or, maybe it was the Ruinart champagne they so generously served).


Again, I loved the simplicity at Chloé.  The clothes are predictable but that is part of the allure in my opinion.  Expect lots of tonal next Spring and shades of orange. 


These high wasted crepe pants are not from the 2012 pre-collection, but I've had my eye on them on net-a-porter for a while now.  And, they are finally on sale.... if only on sale price was not my target price multiplied by two.

  
I am developing an addiction to accessories.



And I am quite sure my heaven is going to smell like the accessories show room at Chloé.  Leather and diptyque candles. 



Speaking of accessories... the final standout this season was Balenciaga.  Although it wins the award for most pretentious show room, it doesn't blemish the fact that the collection was truly stunning. Especially accessories and shoes.


I LOVE the stud look.  This is a bag from this season, but the same theme continues for next year. 


I am still trying to figure out a way to get these silver studded thongs into my closet.....

That's it for Fashion Week Printemps-Été 2012.  Stay tuned for the next round in September.

*Sketches courtesy of Do it in Paris (one of my favorite Parisian blogs!)

No comments: