Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Last Leaves of Fall




As Thanksgiving ends and Christmas approaches, I thought I would share a few final pictures of Paris this Fall.  The cold is rolling in and the Christmas season abounds.



Au Revoir my Parisian Fall.  I hope our paths will cross again one day.




As I was walking around soaking in the last few days of Fall, I loved spotting this newlywed couple taking pictures on Pont Alexandre III.   Paris does have her flaws, but romance is certainly not one of them.  


This bridge embodies all that is Paris, to me.   It is so decadent and over the top, gilded with gold statues complete with a perfect view of the Eiffel, Invalides and the Grand Palais.   You can't visit Paris without standing on this bridge and taking in her beauty.




What you have to realize about Paris, is that it is the apex of extremes.  One minute you are walking past the most extravagant bridge in the world and the next you are eyeing graffiti on statue next to a trash strewn park.  But that is Paris.  And when you take her for all that she is, I think she is still the most beautiful city in the world.  



And last but not least, I had to show you this picture for the sake of documenting of our first teeny tiny Thanksgiving as Mr. and Mrs.  I'm sure some day I will get to set a beautiful Thanksgiving table with the my beloved wedding china china and beautiful French crystal, but I will always have special place for our first Thanksgiving in Paris.  On our little sofa with Ikea plates and Zara placemats and all.....

No comments: