Friday, December 2, 2011

French Pharmacy Love
I absolutely love the French pharmacy.  Not because it is practical and you can pick up useful items like can in a US pharmacy, but because the beauty products are fabulous. And of course beauty product fabulousness outweighs other general unusefulness.  My favorite products:

1.  La Roche-Posay Effaclar Cleanser.  My Cetaphil replacement.  It's a great, mild everyday cleanser.  I love the foaminess.  (And it smells better than cetaphil).

2.  La Roche-Posay Hydraphase UV SPF 30.  I alternate between this and Nivea every day moisturizer.  Love the SPF factor, especially for summer.     

3.  Rêve de Miel-Nuxe lip blam.  This stuff is so intense.  I put it on before I go to bed and it is still there when I wake up.  It's a little heavy for everyday wear, so I usually just put it on before bed or if I have really chapped lips.  I will never go skiing again without it.  (Not that I can even remember the last time I went skiing....but just in case I ever happen to find myself in Aspen (in my imagination).... you better believe I will have some Nuxe lip balm with me).  

4.  Embryolisse Lait Crème Concentrè.  If I could only choose one, this is the product I would choose.  It smells delicious, works like a charm and doesn't leave your face with a film of grease.  This is what I use for my nightly face lotion.  According to Gwyneth (as in Paltrow), this is what some of her "older" actress friends swear by! It is only $14.00, to boot.

5.  Bioderma Makeup Remover.  Fabulous! It is so smooth without any oily residue.  I love it! (Another one from GP).

6.  Kérastase Lait Vital.  My daily conditioner.  This one is a splurge... even in France (whereas, La Roche-Posay products are much cheaper here than in the US).  But it really is worth it.  It smells great and leaves my hair soft and shiny.  I use Pantene Pro-V Smooth and Sleek to help my wallet recover.

7. Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller.  My friend Katie T. turned me onto this in college (along with face care in general....I didn't do anything to my face for the first 21 years besides let it get wet in the shower.....).  Anyway, this product  is great for those of use with puffy eyes in the mornings.  I can recall many early morning Vandy tailgates where this little product came in very handy.

8.  Mustela Hydra Bébé.  No I do not actually use this product, but I hope to some day.  The mom of a family I used to babysit for turned me onto it.  It smells divine and keeps the baby skin soft and fresh.  French moms swear by this stuff! I sent some to my sister as soon as I heard she was pregnant.

If you have seen my face lately, you may choose to take this as a list of things to avoid so that you can save yourself from a similar fate.  I have serious excess oil in the T-zone which causes the occasional (weekly) giant eruption in the aforementioned neighborhood.  But, I promise the rest of my skin is pretty normal and all of these products help to keep it that way.

PS - I'm not getting any endorsements from this name dropping.  But I totally should be! Enjoy this unscripted reality, for once :)

Bon weekend! (And why am I blogging on a Friday night?! In Paris?? The Mr. is studying for the CFA which he is taking early tomorrow morning.  Wish him good luck!!)

No comments: