Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Basic, Simple and Authentic


Three words I love.  And three words embodied by my new French find. 

I stumbled across a little shoe store down the street that carries these great French flats by Les Tropeziennes.  The company was started in the 1930s, and where else but St. Tropez.  They make the same basic shoe now that they started in the 30's.

"In spite of the whims of fashion, we will always come back to those basic, simple and authentic things we like to keep and wear for a long time."  






After some serious contemplation (adoring number 5 but just not brave enough for ankle straps this early in the season) I went with the basic, simple and authentic brown leather thong. (I am imagining Grace Kelly prancing around in Monaco wearing the exact same pair). 


But I am loving the colors.


And the Kate Moss endorsement.


Which is making me think I need ankle straps....

But how fab is the bag they come in?! 


Happy Spring sandal hunting.

No comments: