Tuesday, January 17, 2012

French food, how am I going to live without you?

Côte de bœuf and Sauce Béarnaise. A combination that seldom disappoints. 

We were treated to a fabulous dinner at Chez Georges last night (Thank you Pearces'!) and I have been up since 4:30 this morning thinking about my côte de bœuf and béarnaise sauce smothered with crispy pommes frites perfection. Add this one to the list. 

The real star of this meal was the béarnaise.  And a good French béarnaise is worth mastering, in my opinion.  It sounds simple - clarified butter emulsified in egg yolks and flavored with herbs (namely, shallot, peppercorn and tarragon). I have a sneaking suspicion it is not as easy as it sounds.  Stay tuned.

Off to the boulangerie....because the upside to waking up at 4:30 in Paris is warm pain chocolat. 

Au revoir.

No comments: