Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fashion Week Favs Part II: Americans in Paris

Ok, again, how much do you love Inslee by Design? I am clearly quite obsessed ! And I love how she has captured exactly how I feel right about now without having ever even met me.  What a genius.

One of my favorite things about AW12-13 has been seeing all of the internationally successful American designers.  This season, I have been working with the high-end contemporary side of the company and have learned that American designers paved the way for this growing market between contemporary and couture.  We spend our days traveling around to the trade fairs in Milan and Paris looking for new, inspiring brands to bring into the multi-brand stores.


One of my very favorite high end designers right now is Dannijo.  Danielle and Jodi Snyder are definitely not new on the scene, but this season I have been reminded about how AMAZING their jewelry is.  These Florida native sisters started their company in college and are now selling through Bergdorf in NY and all over the world.  They are regularly featured in all of the best mags.  Danielle and I went to Vandy together where she and Jodi would frequently do trunk in our sorority house.  I am OBSESSED with their collars.


And these cuffs.... 



And pretty much everything they make.  You can find it here

I had so much fun catching up with them.  They treated me to a fabulous dinner at La Fountaine de Mars  and finally convinced me to (to convince the Mr.) to rendevous at Bar Hemingway for drinks (where Danielle swears she ran into the Queen of Vogue, Karl and Blake Lively all on the same night a few seasons ago!!!)  I've got to start frequenting the Ritz Paris more often.


Some other favorite American designers on the scene:

New York designer, Whitney Pozgay spent time at Kate Spade before starting her own line.  It is tres chic with lots of feminine dresses and bold prints.


At Premiere Class (trade fair in the Tuileries Jardins), we spotted Loeffler Randall - stand out shoe designer.  Adore these platform beauties and always love their classic boots. (They recently started producing in Brazil instead of tres chere Italy, which helps keep their price points just right).


Another favorite find with pretty fem blouses.  I love their signature blouse that is permanent to the collection.
In Milan, we picked up Joie and Yosi Samra - two other American brands that I am loving.  Joie does  light silk tops in bold prints and Samra is known for their fold up ballet flats in the all the best colors.  I cannot wait to add these to my summer wardrobe.
I think we are all caught up.  I hope you enjoyed this hearty dose of patriotism for the day.  Have a fabulous rest of the week!!  À bientôt.

No comments: