Monday, March 26, 2012

Rue of the Week + Ipod Playlist

Rue Verneuil is another favorite Rue in the 6th.  (Well technically, I think half of it is in the 7th).  The first three places I mentioned in the little picture above are some adorable little restaurants.  The Mr. and I tried to go to Cafe des Lettres today (recommended by our Taschen's book) but it was closed for a private party.  I will definitely be back though.  Tucked into a little courtyard off of a beautiful street, it gets at 3 out of 5 just for ambiance.  







Hotel Verneuil is on the end of the street closer to the 6th and is currently being renovated. (The pictures above is obv not the hotel, but a random wall that is spraypainted across the street).  The hotel is in a  fabulous location and I've heard it's a good value (although who knows after the renovation).

Speaking of rues, on my run today I passed a 30 year old man on a razor scooter.  (The Mr. claims he has seen a family of four).  Please tell me this trend is not catching on the states.  A grown man on a scooter is just something I don't think I can get used to....

The weather here has been INCREDIBLE lately - low 70's and sunny for the past week.  I no longer have any excuses to put off exercise.  Major incentive to get my ipod into shape.  Here's what I came up with for my run today (and btw, I use the term run very loosely.... we're talking 10 minute miles here, please don't think for a minute I'm some fit runner). ANYWAY - my playlist.

KC's new song - What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger (can you imagine a better running song?)
Nicki Minaj - Starships (because I love some Nicki)
Flo Rida - Wild Ones (love the sultry sounding girl that comes in each verse)
La Fouine - Veni, Vidi, Vici (because French rap is awesome, remember Carrie running through Paris on Sex & the City finale?)
We Are Young (not sure who the artist is here, but it is making me excited for my friends to come in town this weekend {a free drink for the one of you that actually reads my blog and references this shout out})
Florence + The Machine - Shake it Out (playing in all of the showrooms AW12-13 fashion week)
Taylor Swift - Eyes Open (I'm in the love Taylor camp)
Katy Perry (sort of over her, but I was running out of options and Part of Me was on the top 10 chart)
B.o.B - So Good (because life is)
Kayne and Jay-Z - Otis (hello, who isn't listening to anything with Kayne and Jay-Z in the title?)
And because the Mr. thought it would be funny to put this on my ipod, One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful. Which will probably be in my head for the rest of the week.

What are you listening to? Always love new recs!

No comments: